Use the best of the summer’s tomatoes in this delicious, herby tomato salad. I served mine with lamb fillet marinated in garlic, rosemary & lemon & some buttered new potatoes. But it’s perfect on it’s own, served with some crusty fresh bread to mop up the juices. The perfect simple supper.
- One or two large tomatoes
- A handful of cherry tomatoes ( I used red & yellow from my mum’s garden)
- Handful of flat leaf parsley
- 2-3 basil leaves (I used purple basil from the garden)
- A few chives
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Chop your tomatoes how ever you please, I sliced mine in big thin slices & halved my cherry tomatoes.
- Roughly chop your herbs, and add these to a bowl with the tomatoes
- In a cup, lightly whisk your vinegar and olive oil, and season to taste. You can add more oil/vinegar to suit your taste. I like mine quite sharp.
- Add this to your tomatoes & herbs and mix together. Add more seasoning if it needs it.
- Place into your serving dish & enjoy!
A girl with an appetite for all things creative,