Just a quick, recipe for you this week which requires minimal effort for a simple, yet tasty midweek meal – gammon with roasted new potatoes, roasted tomatoes and a mustard sauce. The sharp, juicy roasted tomatoes cuts through the creamy mustard sauce, and salty gammon.
4 Gammon Steaks – I used smoked, rindless
700g (aprox.) New Potatoes – I used taste the difference vivaldi, jersey royal would be nice too.
150ml Creme Fraiche
100ml Double Cream
2tsp Whole Grain Mustard
270g pack (aprox.) Cherry Tomatoes on the Vine
1. Preheat oven to 200c/180c fan and put your potatoes in a roasting tray with a drizzle of oil to coat – I used coconut oil, as I find they go lovely and soft on the inside and crispy on the outside but any cooking oil you have will do. Sprinkle with sea salt and roast in the oven for about 45 minutes until soft, and golden. Alternatively, you could boil your new potatoes and serve with a little knob of butter for a lighter alternative.
2. When the potatoes have been in for about 25 minutes, place your tomatoes in another oven proof dish, with a drizzle of oil and a sprinkle of salt and roast these for the remaining 20 minutes.
3. Mix together the creme fraiche, cream and mustard and heat on a low heat until warm in a saucepan. You don’t have to have creme fraiche if you don’t have any – I just had some in the fridge that needed using up! Keep warm until serving.
4. Heat a large frying pan, add a drizzle of oil and fry your gammon steaks for around 8 minutes, until golden and cooked. Alternatively you could grill to avoid using excess oil. At this point cook your asparagus – boil or steam. You could serve this with any veg of your choice. Green beans, or baby carrots would work well too!
5. Plate up – place a puddle of sauce on the plate, add the potatoes, gammon steak and top with the roasted tomatoes and asparagus, or veg of your choosing. Pour over any remaining sauce and enjoy!
Hope you enjoy this speedy, simple supper as much as I did! Stay tuned for next weeks post where I will be showing you a variety of dips to try out! Perfect for summer barbecues!
Enjoy, and stay tuned for next weeks recipe!
A girl with an appetite for all things creative,