Forget the shop bought cocktail sausages, these sausages are sweet and sticky, and are always a hit at my family’s dinner parties. They are easy to make, and use store cupboard ingredients. If you try these, you will never want to buy a shop bought cocktail sausage again!
I used a foil tray to save on washing up, as when baked the sauce gets sticky and caramelised. Alternatively, you could line a tin with foil, or just use some elbow grease when it comes to the washing up!
Approximately 20 good quality chipolata sausages or 40 cocktail sausages, I used my local butcher. This amount is good for a dinner party – they’ll be gone in minutes.
1/3 cup of dark soy sauce
1/4 cup of honey
3tbps sesame seeds, plus a pinch extra for garnish.
Drizzle of oil, I used sesame but vegetable oil, or olive oil will be fine too.
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees, or 180 fan.
2. Place the sausages, soy sauce, honey, sesame seeds and a drizzle of oil. I used sesame oil – use this sparingly as its quite strong but enhances the sesame taste. Other oils will work fine here too.
3. Mix together well to ensure everything is well coated.
4. Cook in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until the sausages are cooked, and everything is caramelised and sticky. This may take longer if using full sized sausages.
5. Pour into a serving dish, and sprinkle with a few more sesame seeds, and watch them disappear in minutes!
A girl with an appetite for all things creative,